20 Interesting Facts about Hong Kong
March 07, 2013
As ACEI’s President and CEO, Jasmin S. Kuehnert, embarks on her trip to Hong Kong next week where she’ll be attending the APIEA http://www.apaie.org / Conference and presenting a session on “Partnerships and Collaborations with EducationUSA, higher education communities in the U.S. and the East Asia Pacific,” we thought it would be interesting to share some facts about Hong Kong.
1. Hong Kong’s official name is the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, or Hong Kong SAR.
2. Hong Kong means Fragrant Harbor.
3. Hong Kong consists of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, the New Territories, and several other smaller islands spread
over 1,092 square kilometers.
4. Hong Kong’s official languages are Chinese (Spoken Cantonese) and English.
5. Hong Kong has more Rolls Royce’s per person than any other city in the world.
6. Hong Kong has the most skyscrapers (classified as building with more than 14 floors) in…
View original post 525 more words