10 Interesting Facts About Bangkok
- In 2008 Bangkok was ranked the best city in the world according to Travel and Leisure magazine
- A real tongue twisters, the traditional name of Bangkok is ‘Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit’. It is also listed by the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s largest name for a place.
- Khao San Road is the liveliest and busiest tourist area in Bangkok.
- Don Mueang International Airport sports the tallest control tower in the world, measuring 132.2m (434ft)
- Don Mueang International Airport is also one of the oldest airports in the world. It opened in 1914.
- Bangkok is referred to as the ‘City of Angles’.
- Victory Monument is one of the city’s biggest bus destinations.
- Leaving the house without any underwear on is illegal you can be arrested for it.
- Bangkok is also called the…
View original post 23 more words